Amazon QuickSight is a cloud-scale business intelligence service that provides enterprise-grade security, global availability, and built-in redundancy. You can connect QuickSight to Starburst Galaxy and Starburst Enterprise platform (SEP) clusters, and use SQL to analyze information in an interactive visual environment.
- Starburst Galaxy.
- Starburst Enterprise 354-e STS or newer.
- The connection information for your cluster.
Connect to a Starburst dataset #
In the QuickSight navigation menu, click Datasets.
Click New dataset.
Select the Starburst tile.
In the New Starburst data source dialog, perform the following actions:
- Product Type: Select a Starburst product.
- Data source name: Name the new datasource.
- Connection type: The Public network is pre-selected by default.
- Database server: Enter the hostname of the cluster.
- Port: The port for Starburst Galaxy is
443. For SEP, the port is
- Catalog: Enter the name of the catalog.
- Username: Enter the name of a user.
- Password: Provide the password for the user.
To test the connection, click Validate connection. If the connection validation fails, check that the cluster is running, verify your connection details, and try again.
Click Create data source.
In the Choose your table dialog, expand the drop-down menu. Select a schema, then select a table. To return specific data, click Use custom SQL, and create a custom SQL statement. To preview the data to be used in your analysis, click Edit/Preview data.
In the Finish data creation dialog, select how you would like to import data:
Import to Spice for quicker analytics runs the SELECT statement against data previously stored in memory.
Directly query your data runs the SELECT statement directly against the database.
Uncheck Email users when a refresh fails if you do not want to notify users. This option is only available for Import to Spice for quicker analytics import mode.
To enhance data analysis with Amazon SageMaker, click Augment with SageMaker. This option is only available for Import to Spice for quicker analytics import mode.
In the New sheet dialog, click Create to create an interactive sheet. To create a paginated report, add the Paginated reporting Add-on to your QuickSight account.
Is the information on this page helpful?