Starburst Enterprise platform (SEP) 391-e STS has been released as a follow-up to the 390-e STS release.
The release is based on Trino 391, which includes the following noteworthy changes:
- Support for AWS Athena partition projection.
- Faster writing of Parquet data in Iceberg and Delta Lake.
- Support for reading BigQuery external tables.
- Support for table and column comments in BigQuery.
- Add a feature to clone data products.
- Add support for multiple databases in the Snowflake connector.
As a reminder, Trino 390 introduced a raised requirement for the Java runtime version. Starburst Enterprise platform (SEP) 391-e therefore requires a 64-bit version of Java 17, with a minimum required version of 17.0.3.
For more information, refer to the release notes for 391-e.
Shea and Manfred