Starburst Galaxy release notes #
Starburst Galaxy is updated regularly. The following release notes provide highlights of user-facing changes available with specific new deployments.
4 May 2022 #
- Add Great Lakes connectivity to the Amazon S3, Azure Data Lake Storage and Google Cloud Storage object storage catalogs, and therefore add support for Iceberg and Delta Lake table formats.
- Add support for batch mode clusters.
29 Apr 2022 #
- Autocomplete for SQL functions and inline documentation in query editor.
- Dedicated cloud settings section for AWS to manage IAM roles.
15 Apr 2022 #
- Download query result set directly from the query editor. Allows result sets with more than 1000 rows.
22 Mar 2022 #
- Add support for connecting to SQL Server data sources.
8 Mar 2022 #
- Add support for personal query history. See your role’s query history if you do not have permissions to view all queries.
- Autocomplete SQL grammar in the query editor. Valid keyword such as
LIKE, and others are suggested when appropriate to speed up your query writing.
3 Mar 2022 #
- Add support for connecting to Redshift and the Hive Metastore Service in Amazon S3, Azure Data Lake Storage, and Google Cloud Storage catalogs via SSH tunnels.
- Combine tables and views in one node in the explorer view of the query editor.
18 Feb 2022 #
- Add Redshift catalog.
- Add support for connecting to MySQL and PostgreSQL catalogs via SSH tunnels.
- Connect catalogs to clusters in a new step in the catalog setup.
Jan 2022 #
- Authentication with a cross account IAM role in S3 catalogs.
Is the information on this page helpful?