Starburst Galaxy release notes #
Starburst Galaxy is updated regularly. The following release notes provide highlights of user-facing changes available with specific new deployments.
17 Jan 2023 #
- Added the ability to use consecutive underscores in PostgreSQL catalog names.
- Removed the ability to run resource intensive query processing
mode for the
- Deprecated request for a connection URL during MongoDB configuration and added a new configuration form.
6 Jan 2023 #
- Added support for editing shared query access rights based on role.
- Added auto-completion support for table aliases in the query editor.
13 Dec 2022 #
- Fixed behavior issue with the < Back button on the query details page.
- Fixed bug that caused clusters to be de-selected when refreshing the edit cluster schedule page.
8 Dec 2022 #
- Changed the navigation menu to be collapsible into icons only. Submenus are still visible by hovering over an icon.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Top tables metric to report the wrong number when grouped by queries.
- Fixed bugs related to browser back button usage.
6 Dec 2022 #
- Added a warning banner to the cluster creation dialog when enabling resource intensive query processing mode.
- Fixed bug that prevented access control rules from correctly limiting the list.
- Fixed issue that caused the MongoDB edit connection form to fail.
- Fixed issue that prevented users from deleting certain cluster schedules.
28 Nov 2022 #
- Added public preview support for catalog explorer, which allows users to discover data without running a cluster.
10 Nov 2022 #
- Added the cluster scheduling feature.
8 Nov 2022 #
- Fixed bug that caused the delete button to hang when deleting a custom cluster autoscale configuration.
4 Nov 2022 #
- Added read-write access to MongoDB catalogs that are configured with single node deployment or that configure replica sets across the same cloud provider region.
1 Nov 2022 #
- Added a new catalog: public preview support for Elasticsearch data platforms, including Amazon OpenSearch Service.
25 Oct 2022 #
- Fixed bug that prevented granting the same privilege to more than one entity in certain cases.
20 Oct 2022 #
- Updated the Show/Hide filters UI on the Query history panel. A date selection is now required with Today as the default. Simplified and clarified adding other filter criteria.
- Restricted query history to 90 days back from today’s date.
18 Oct 2022 #
- Added public preview support for read-only access to existing Hudi tables in the supported cloud object stores Amazon S3, Azure ADLS, and Google Cloud.
- Added support for connecting to MongoDB instances using an SSH tunnel to a bastion host.
- Added a link to these release notes in the Starburst Galaxy Help menu.
11 Oct 2022 #
- Extended single sign-on support to include custom identity providers.
- Fixed a bug that allowed creation of privileges for write operations in read-only catalogs.
4 Oct 2022 #
- Added support for Google BigQuery catalogs to read views (but not materialized views).
29 Sep 2022 #
- Added another tutorial, Federate multiple data sources that shows how to join two data sources in different catalogs with the same query.
- Reorganized the Cloud settings panes, with new SSH tunnels sections added for both AWS and Azure.
- Renamed the built-in metastore option for object storage catalogs to the Starburst Galaxy metastore.
26 Sep 2022 #
- Added a tutorial, Query the COVID-19 data lake that shows how to use the free research datasets provided by AWS.
- Added support for the SQL MERGE statement.
- Added Shared with me in the Saved queries pane that allows you to share saved queries with one or more roles for editing collaboration.
22 Sep 2022 #
- Added support for read-only Snowflake catalogs on Google Cloud.
15 Sep 2022 #
- Added a new location privilege which allows you to restrict or allow access to object storage locations.
14 Sep 2022 #
- Added single sign-on support so that logins can authenticate with identity providers Okta, Azure AD, or Google Workspace.
- Added the COVID-19 data lake dataset that configures access to the data on S3 that AWS provides for free without requiring an AWS account.
- Added a troubleshooting guide.
26 Aug 2022 #
- Added a new catalog: public preview, read-only support for Google BigQuery warehouses.
- Added a new catalog: public preview, support for MongoDB or MongoDB Atlas data platforms.
- Added a Run all (limit 1000) option to the Run button so that selecting the queries to run is no longer required.
18 Aug 2022 #
- Added an onboarding workflow when signing up for a new Galaxy account that gathers information on Galaxy use cases and preferred data sources.
- Updated the UI that manages roles and privileges to clarify the process.
11 Aug 2022 #
- Added customization of the cluster autoscaling feature from navigation menu Admin > Cluster configuration, which allows you to create a named set of minimum and maximum number or worker nodes. This is a public preview feature.
4 Aug 2022 #
- Added support for selecting multiple SQL statements in the query editor to run in sequence.
2 Aug 2022 #
- Added support for connecting a Snowflake database as a data source. Supported as a public preview on AWS and Azure clouds.
- Added public preview support for schema discovery of catalogs in object store data sources only.
30 July 2022 #
- Improved user interface to change your current Starburst Galaxy role.
28 July 2022 #
- Added an option to never suspend a cluster.
26 July 2022 #
- Added access to the Starburst Galaxy REST API to allow cluster management without the user interface.
- Added the API auth token option to the Access control navigation menu to generate API authentication tokens and assign roles to them.
28 June 2022 #
- Added support for connecting to Azure Synapse.
- Added automatic persistence across sessions of catalog and schema selections per tab in the query editor.
16 June 2022 #
- Added support for authenticating Azure Data Lake Storage data sources using an Azure service principal.
14 June 2022 #
- Added support for table and view privileges and entities.
- Added the ability for users to save queries from the query editor to a separate list of named queries.
17 May 2022 #
Improved handling of multiple queries: In a worksheet with multiple queries, you can execute the current query based on cursor position without highlighting it in the query editor.
4 May 2022 #
- Added Great Lakes connectivity to the Amazon S3, Azure Data Lake Storage, and Google Cloud Storage object storage catalogs, and therefore added support for Iceberg and Delta Lake table formats.
- Added support for resource intensive query processing mode.
29 Apr 2022 #
- Added autocomplete for SQL functions and inline documentation in the query editor.
- Added dedicated cloud settings section for AWS to manage IAM roles.
15 Apr 2022 #
- Added the ability to download a query result set directly from the query editor. Result sets with more than 1000 rows are allowed.
22 Mar 2022 #
- Added support for connecting to SQL Server data sources.
8 Mar 2022 #
- Added support for personal query history by role.
- Added support for autocomplete SQL grammar in the query editor. Valid keywords
LIKE, and others are suggested when appropriate to speed up your query writing.
3 Mar 2022 #
- Added support for connecting to Redshift and the Hive Metastore Service in Amazon S3, Azure Data Lake Storage, and Google Cloud Storage catalogs via SSH tunnels.
- Combined tables and views in one node in the explorer view of the query editor.
18 Feb 2022 #
- Added Redshift catalog.
- Added support for connecting to MySQL and PostgreSQL catalogs via SSH tunnels.
- Added the ability to connect catalogs to clusters in a new step in the catalog set up.
Jan 2022 #
- Added support for authentication with a cross-account IAM role in S3 catalogs.
Is the information on this page helpful?
- Starburst Galaxy release notes
- 17 Jan 2023
- 6 Jan 2023
- 13 Dec 2022
- 8 Dec 2022
- 6 Dec 2022
- 28 Nov 2022
- 10 Nov 2022
- 8 Nov 2022
- 4 Nov 2022
- 1 Nov 2022
- 25 Oct 2022
- 20 Oct 2022
- 18 Oct 2022
- 11 Oct 2022
- 4 Oct 2022
- 29 Sep 2022
- 26 Sep 2022
- 22 Sep 2022
- 15 Sep 2022
- 14 Sep 2022
- 26 Aug 2022
- 18 Aug 2022
- 11 Aug 2022
- 4 Aug 2022
- 2 Aug 2022
- 30 July 2022
- 28 July 2022
- 26 July 2022
- 28 June 2022
- 16 June 2022
- 14 June 2022
- 17 May 2022
- 4 May 2022
- 29 Apr 2022
- 15 Apr 2022
- 22 Mar 2022
- 8 Mar 2022
- 3 Mar 2022
- 18 Feb 2022
- Jan 2022
Is the information on this page helpful?