Get started #
Using Starburst Galaxy platform (SGP) requires you to configure your AWS account access for running the clusters.
Configure your AWS account #
You need to configure a cross-account role for your AWS account. This enables the SGP to deploy and manage Starburst clusters in your account.
Create a cross account role #
Create a cross-account role using a cloud formation template (CFT) in the AWS management console.
- In your AWS management console, go to IAM services. You may be prompted to sign in to AWS.
- Download the Cloud formation template from Starburst Galaxy.
- Upload the Cloud formation template in your AWS console.
- Copy the External ID from Starburst Galaxy and paste it in your AWS console.
- Run the cloud formation template.
IMPORTANT: Copy the AWS Account ID where you created the role. You need it for the next steps.
Enter the cross-account role information #
Add the cross-account information to Starburst Galaxy.
- Navigate back to Starburst Galaxy
- In the AWS Account ID field, enter the AWS Account ID from the role you created.
- Select the default AWS region for your AWS resources.
- Click Finish.
You can edit your AWS region from Settings or on individual clusters as needed.
Is the information on this page helpful?