Starburst Enterprise in AWS Marketplace CFT #
The AWS Marketplace CFT allows you to easily set up a monthly contract, after which you can deploy SEP using the CloudFormation Template (CFT).
Once deployed, is fully customizable, including connecting to services such as:
All of these service integrations are available in addition to Starburst’s suite of enhanced and exclusive connectors.
Choose our deployment type #
In addition to our marketplace offerings, SEP is also available to deploy on Amazon’s Elastic Kubernetes Service (EKS). We strongly recommend that you deploy using EKS unless there is a specific technical reason why you cannot.
If you intend to use CFT as a proof-of-concept before moving to an EKS deployment in production, please be aware that there is no direct path from a CFT deployment to an EKS deployment. Therefore, if you begin building a proof-of-concept using CloudFormation, you should expect to remain on CloudFormation for production.
Support for marketplace offerings #
Starburst offers the following support for our marketplace subscribers without an enterprise contract:
- Email-only support
- Five email issues to email@example.com per month
- First response SLA of one business day
- Support between 9 AM - 6 PM US Eastern Time
Before you begin, you must have an AWS login with the ability to subscribe to services.
Your SEP AWS Marketplace subscription must be deployed on a Linux/Unix EC2 instance. Other operating systems are not supported.
Set up your subscription #
To subscribe to SEP through the AWS Marketplace:
- Log in with your subscriber account and follow this link, or enter “Starburst Enterprise” in the marketplace search field and select Starburst Enterprise.
- Scroll down to the Estimating your costs tool:
- Select your desired Region.
- Select CloudFormation Template as your Fulfillment option. Do not select the Amazon Machine Image (AMI) option.
- Select the Instance type.
- Click Continue to subscribe at the top of the page.
- On the Subscribe to this software screen that appears:
- Configure the contract, if desired.
- Manage the license as per your organization’s protocols using the Manage license option, if desired.
- Click Continue to configuration.
- On the Configure this software page, select CloudFormation Template option again in the Delivery method dropdown. Do not select the Amazon Machine Image (AMI) option.
- In the “Software version” dropdown, confirm that the latest version is selected.
- Confirm that the correct region is selected.
- Click Continue to launch.
- In the “Launch this software” screen, select the Launch CloudFormation option in the Choose Action dropdown.
- Click Launch.
Create your stack and install SEP #
Once you have launched SEP, our install guide provides instructions for creating your stack and specifying cluster details.
Next steps #
Review the AWS documentation for guidance on implementing the following security and access control best practices:
Follow the AWS documentation to review Service Quotas for your SEP deployment.
Read our CFT configuration section to begin customizing SEP. You can also set up these optional items:
The following pages introduce key concepts and features in SEP:
Is the information on this page helpful?