Apache Superset #
You can use Apache Superset™ as well as the hosted cloud service Preset Cloud with Starburst Enterprise platform (SEP) to explore and visualize your data. Superset is a data exploration and visualization web application. It is typically run on a server and used by many users accessing the application. It enables users to write SQL queries, create new tables, visualizations and dashboards and download data into files.
Apache Superset has built in support for SEP.
Get the necessary connection information for your cluster:
Superset understands the SEP concept of catalogs. You can create a connection with or without a specified catalog:
Once you have gathered this information, you can create a new connection in Superset:
- Select Data > Databases, and click the + Database button.
- Enter the connection string formed from your connection information.
- Test the connection, if desired.
- Click Add.
Any SEP cluster that requires authentication is required to use TLS/HTTPS. If the best practice of using a globally trusted certificate is implemented, you can use the HTTPS URL of the cluster in the connection string.
If the certificate is not globally trusted, you need to configure the SEP certificate for TLS/SSL access from Superset on the Superset server.
You can configure the same authentication provider for Superset and SEP. As a result, the same credentials can be used to log in to either system.
Authentication providers supported by both systems include LDAP and OAuth2:
- Apache Superset website
- Apache Superset documentation
- Preset, Powerful, easy to use data exploration and visualization platform, powered by Apache Superset
- Trino Community Broadcast interview with the Apache Superset team, including live demo
Is the information on this page helpful?